George Washington's Blog
Saturday, Feb 7, 2009
I thought America is supposed to be a "government of the People, by the People and for the People".
But the financial companies have been allowed to use taxpayer bailout funds to lobby Congress.
And the government's decisions about who to bail out and who not to fund are based on donations, lobbying and politics.
Giving trillions to the banks won't help the economy or the American people.
Indeed, the only thing it is doing is subsidizing companies run by horrible business men, allowing the bankers to receive fat bonuses, to redecorate their offices, and to buy gold toilets and prostitutes.
As Dennis Kucinich said in October:
We ought to be really concerned about a bank takeover of the country because we borrowed money from the banks to give to the banks, the banks give us toxic assets or hoard the money, or they use it to buy other banks. I don't think the Founders envisioned government of the banks, for the banks and by the banks.
Research related articles:
- The Government Has Given Banks YOUR MONEY, and You Won't Get Anything For It
- Wall Street banks in $70bn staff payout
- Government Considering Buying Up Bad Alt-A Mortgages
- Massive Run on the Banks in September! Government asking for PUBLIC HELP!
- Gold & the Flood of Cheap Government Money
- Despite Taxpayer Bailout, Fed Says Banks Tighten Loan Standards Most on Record
- Government Saying One Thing on Bailout, Doing Another
- Islamic Banks Are Surviving the Financial Crisis Better Than Western Banks
- How to Steal Billions in Plain View: Bernanke's Robber Banks
- Paulson Is Said to Plan Buying Stakes in Regional U.S. Banks
- Swiss gold bullion in huge demand as trust in banks dives
- Rescued bank to pay millions in bonuses